Monday 25 January 2021

Life in Lockdown - January

We're approaching the end of the first month of 2021, and, excepting the ongoing nightmare that is Covid, it hasn't been terrible. I've always loved the new year, new beginnings, a clean slate. The idea of it and the lived experience. This year is strange and different of course - until we get the vaccine sorted it's going to be hard to travel, probably worth avoiding altogether. In the spirit of the lingering pandemic I kept the Christmas tree up until it was a crumbling, dry shell of it's former self. The sparkling and twinkling lights helped enormously. 



Weather-wise it's been a cold and windy one. But more importantly, we had our first snow! It lasted but a day, oh but what a day! Anna sled, made snow angels, a snow man, we had snowball fights and just walked around the park in awe. I waiting all year long in 2020 for snow, checking my weather apps daily, so 2021 so far has *not* disappointed.

Our little home endures, given the circumstances. We're plotting and planning for the coming months and really thinking about what our game plan is for the coming year. Big changes are afoot and I'm excited to get up and get on. Of course I'm hinging a lot on this vaccine coming through and being the saving grace we need. I just can't see how life can go on in this constant lockdown  

Perhaps the biggest change for me that's come this year is a change that's needed to happen for quite a while now. I spoke to my GP (quite unintentionally, as it turns out) about mental health, and I'm making a definitive shift towards improving my mood and bringing myself back to a mindset that allows me to be my best self, for myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment