Friday 27 December 2013

Help Me Plan My Life

I am an outrageously organised person. Without actually being in any way concerned about the extent to which I feel compelled to plan and organise my life. I feel very comfortable with scheduling every aspect of my existence, and so it is only right that I should have a diary that allows me to plan with a high degree of accuracy.

I don't trust my telephone or a computer to handle my affairs, only pen (Staedtler, a superior ball point or mechanical pencil is my impliment of choice) and well designed paper will do.

In my hay-day I used glittery cupcake-d planners from Paperchase, generic free diaries from healthcare centres or dentists, and one delightful little paperback planner from a street market in NYC that didn't make it the whole way through 2010.

For two years on the trot I've been using a black, hardbacked Moleskine diary. It is so sleek, so deliciously designed, the fonts are so streamlined, the address book and note jotting space so appropriate, that I've felt absolutely no need to deviate from the norm.


However, I feel a niggling at the back of my mind that perhaps there is a better diary out there, that I just haven't found it yet. Maybe it's pages are sleeker, its alloted jotting area larger, maybe its corners do not fray as Moleskines are wont to.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Moleskine, I feel like a Parisian lovelorn artiste writing in it, but maybe there is another way. If anyone could point me in the direction of another, similarly priced piece of organisational beauty, that ships to Ireland or Denmark, I would be eternally greatful.

Kind regards,
Amy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment