Wednesday 6 April 2016

Getting up early

I cannot get up early. I always stay up late, scrolling through Instagram, Whatsapping Leo, feeding my Neko Atsume cat friends, whatever it takes. I'm trying to break the last major bad habit I have, getting up, consistently, sometime between 09.00 and 10.00. I know it's ridiculous and not sustainable because before I know it I will have a job where an early rise will be essential, and I just wont be able to survive. Plus, I love the idea of being an 'early riser'. 

So here I am, committed to the cause. I was up, breakfasted and away to my work long before 09.00 this morning and it felt fantastic. I'm mostly writing this here so that if I don't stick to the schedule I'll have a public indication of my failure, and nobody wants that. I'm making a promise; to get up early and to be an early riser. I know it's easier when it's Spring and the sun is shining and you have this to look up at as you sit at your desk. But habits are formed of many small steps. Let's make it happen.

Wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment