Saturday 26 December 2015

Have yourself a merry little Christmas

So, it's Stephen's night. I am in my comfiest clothes (leggings, fluffy socks and an oversized jumper, if you were wondering), and I am home alone, with a selection box, Pukka tea, a gorgeously scented Muji candle, and...myself. I know Christmas is a time for family, but I am savouring this evening, just for me to enjoy. 

The last few weeks...months, really...have been incredibly hectic. Even Christmas wasn't so much of a reprieve, although I can't complain: I haven't done any work in 3 days and I stayed indoors for about 35 hours straight, something I basically never do. That being said, I cooked Christmas dinner (with help from my brother), and tomorrow I'm travelling to England to spend the time until the New Year with Leo and his mom.

It's nice to be able to take the time to be alone (as I keep saying, if my recent posts are anything to go by), but it takes a certain inner strength and determination to be alone the evening after Christmas. To be honest, I am a little lonely (we had lunch at my aunt's and it was simply the most convenient thing to get dropped back here for heading to the airport). But I know that I've had a very hyggeligt few days, and tomorrow I will be back in Durham with fairy lights and lovely food and movies and company.

Below are a selection of Christmassy snaps: all the Christmas trees I've had the pleasure of hanging out with in particular.









I feel very lucky to live the life that I do. I think we should all try to feel lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment