Thursday 2 July 2015

3/4 of the way

I'm 3/4 of the way through the first year of my PhD. I can't believe I'm writing that because it all feels like a total dream. It's been an incredibly busy year so far, it's hard to believe that a year ago I was working in a hotel in Copenhagen, and in 12 months I've packed so much in. It's been quite challenging year for me in many ways, but I've made the most of reinventing myself when needs be, and I can safely say that I've emerged this side a better human.

Today I had the Progression Review that marks the transition from MPhil to PhD officially, and I'm happy to say that it went really well. I was very nervous, and not sure I had as much confidence in myself as I would have liked, but I made it through and they very luckily said I don't need to do any corrections. 

That basically means that, when I come back from my summer holidays, I can launch myself head first into my fieldwork, and get this PhD done! I have a few weeks in Denmark/Norway ahead, and I have a long list of things I hope to get done, but I'll be sure to enjoy myself too :) With the gorgeous cafes and delicious Black Diamond library, (yes, I do get excited by libraries) that won't be hard. 

All is good.



No comments:

Post a Comment