Sunday 22 February 2015

An update

It's been a very long time since I've blogged. In fact, I never even put the rest of those pictures from Iceland up. I swear, I'll get around to that. I have been keeping very very busy, flitting back and forth to Denmark for a few days when I can, getting started on preparation for my fieldwork, enjoying the beginnings of Spring after all the snow, rain and cold (although you wouldn't think it was Spring judging by today's weather, it was threatening to snow earlier and the rain has been lashing down all day).

Some snow from about a month ago
Life is a lot of things these days. I'm still coming to terms with my new Durham world, missing my old life a lot, getting to grips with my PhD. Being back in the UK is pretty strange, I honestly thought I had finished with all that, but this is life. I've been trying to get into a steady rhythm, getting up early (ish!), jogging and stretching, playing a lot of music (getting back into trad is hard, I've forgotten all my tunes, but rewarding), learning new things and being in a positive frame of mind.

I play in the ceili band at the college now, and we are pretty busy. It's a great way to meet people, learn new music (English folk music, who would have thought it?!), and go to events where, sometimes, you get treats (see below).



Nothing says 'It's Spring' like tulips, even if they only last two days before wiltage.


When Spring first came it was incredible. That Saturday afternoon, everyone was out and about, there was a noticeable shift in energy levels in the town. 



Yogi tea is incredible, not least of all because you get posi messages like this. 


Life is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment