Saturday 25 January 2014

January Stuff

What have I even been up to for the last few weeks?

Well, since I got my drivers license, the truth is that I've been driving absolutely everywhere. Parking is terrifying, country lanes at night are not as difficult as I expected, and driving on motorways is exhilerating but a little scary, particularly the on/off ramps.

I've been soaking up the freedom that comes with having access to a car, after this month I won't be able to drive much again, and it'll be back to my bike and the occasional train ride for me. I'm not complaining, I love exercise and free transport, but being behind the wheel of a car makes me feel oddly powerful.

I got myself a new phone, and I've been beyond excited taking pictures of absolutely everything. And I mean everything, every condensated window, ever piece of food, every bunch of flowers.

The weather has admittedly been really strange in Ireland. Daffodils are peeking their heads out, which is terrible news for them. It's been an incredibly mild winter thus far, but everyone knows we get an unexpected cold snap in February/March, usually with snow, so I think those poor daffodils will die of shock before they ever come to bloom.

These few weeks, amongst other things, I have driven about a thousand miles, gone to IKEA for meatballs and (almost) free fika, gotten celebratory flowers, Interned, jogged, worked on my core (!), looked after my ailing cat, written lots of notes for future reference (oils, herbs, metric-US conversion, next week I begin accounting/book keeping), and read 6/7 Harry Potter books. Maybe that deserves a whole post of its own.

Man, when I go back to working full time I just don't know how I'll fit in all the exercise, self-care and independent learning I've been indulging in ;)

Here's a few pictures of the last couple of weeks, courtesy of my Instagram page.





Tonight, I'm off to a 25th birthday extrordinaire featuring 2 hours of karaoke followed by endless dancing. Driving in the city on a Saturday night will be an interesting experience. Stay classy Peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment