Wednesday 12 June 2013

I'm not really one to talk about 'beauty' products or any of that stuff, I like to downplay any idea that women should be concerned with 'beautifying' themselves, but to be honest I love making soaps and face/hair masks out of stuff from the cupboard. Yesterday I made a face mask out of honey, coconut oil and a drop of rosewater (also a great toner, and a beautiful smell to start the day with), and the result was a sticky, smooth oil that moisturised and calmed my face. Sunblock has been irritating my skin a lot, so this was much welcomed.



I'm all for a skin care routine with items from the kitchen, I don't buy ANY beauty products anymore. I rinse my hair with apple cider vinegar, use talc as deodorant, and use bicarb. of soda to hand wash clothes. I say why bother forking out when you already have tons of bottles and packages lying in wait on a shelf? A lot of the traditional products we use for cooking; oils, honey, tea etc. have great uses in the bathroom too, and it's a lot of fun messing around. Just don't put cinnamon on your face. It will burn you. I made a soap out of cinnamon and charcoal once, and I will never do it again.

To infinity and beyond!

No comments:

Post a Comment