Monday 18 March 2013

We we we so excited


Leo and I have booked an imprompto trip to Berlin for the weekend. It was very cheap, and I have never been there before so I'm very excited. I'm going to listen to this Get Cape song in anticipation.

                             

We are supposedly due a ~massive~ snow storm this week. No one ever talks about the weather here, battling through snow on your bike is the norm, so judging by the amount of attention this storm's been getting I think we're in for a big one. If I don't wake up to 10 ft of snow I will honestly be a little sad.

It was St. Patrick's Day yesterday. We brought some Swedes to some Irish pubs, and they didn't seem to notice or mind that, as a non-drinker and extreme cynic I don't enjoy being around very drunk people, that day of all days. I also don't like St Patrick's Day. It's an American holiday and I amn't American and don't like this particular facet of Americana, namely the slightly ignorant interest in our tiny island. It celebrates all the things about being Irish that don't actually exist.




This week I'm finishing my box project, doing more first aid training, researching my Berlin trip and planning what on earth I'm going to do with the entire month off I have this summer. In addition, I just want to let you know that I read a 900 page book, 1Q84, in practically a week, and tomorrow I will begin Breakfast of Champions.

I still love Copenhagen.

Adios amigos.

No comments:

Post a Comment