Friday 15 February 2013

No Valentines


There are just two more minutes left in the 14th left. My boyfriend is snoring gently nearby, and I felt absolutely no urge to 'celebrate' Valentine's Day. Not ever, and certainly not now. Here, all you supermarkets that have been stocking heart-shaped chocolate boxes since early January-are you mad? Do you think people take your fake holiday that seriously? Me, I had some delicious Tea Pigs chai tea and a tub of chocolate and caramel ice cream (see above), and we watched Serendipity (John Cusack, my heart beats for you alone) and half of Willy Wonka. That's after I spent all morning and afternoon using mechanical saws, planers, and nailing wood up. I am tough, and I wear steel toed hard working man's shoes, and I certainly don't want roses or teddy bears or romantic nonsense messing up my carefully cultivated demeanour.

A great day was had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment